Re: measuring

Robin91783@aol.com
Sun, 6 Aug 2000 22:48:38 EDT
v100.n056.9
In a message dated 7/29/00 6:09:15 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
bread-bakers-errors@lists.best.com writes:

 > Can anyone explain why whenever I follow a bread recipe some how the dough
 >  always becomes slack and I have to add more flour than the recipe calls
 >  for. I know that Florida is very humid but I cant believe that is the
 >  cause?

I can't say anything about the recipe because I've never tried it -
I'll presume you're measuring accurately, but I do know that in MD where it's
pretty damn humid I use more flour generally than the recipe cals for - and
this summer, where it has rained almost everyday, I have used more than usual
- don't know if that helps or not, don't know if Florida is more humid than
Maryland (don't see how it could be - here's it's like walking around with a
hot wet blanket over your body)...

Robin