Italian Bread Help (fwd)

word Up <wordup@haven.ios.com>
Tue, 30 Apr 1996 20:41:46 -0400 (EDT)
v096.n009.17
I get requests from time to time from travellers to my humble Web Bread site
 http://haven.ios.com/~wordup/bread.html
which is primarily for sharing original and traditional recipes.
Perhaps some readers on this great list can provide some answers!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 1996 14:22:43 -0300
From: Nick DiBiase <fltdyn@digital.net>
To: wordup@haven.ios.com
Subject: Italian Bread Help

I've been in search of the following; a recipe for Italian bread like
the kind you get at an Italian baker. I've read it and seen it all.
All recipes end up with a bread that is typically heavier than what
you get at an Italian place.

I'm looking for a technique that yields a light crust with a very
light body (typical of good Italian bread).

I believe the problem is in the ingrediants. As it is I buy commercial
flour because the stuff at stores can't cut it.

Thanks Nick