Rhubarb recipe

"David Topper" <d.topper@uwinnipeg.ca>
Mon, 06 Jun 2011 17:56:46 -0500
v111.n024.4
Now that it is rhubarb season here, I thought I would share with you
a recipe I made-up, and which my family and friends enjoy.

This bread bakers* site has been for many years a continuous source
of information on the pleasures of baking.  Thank you.

David Topper
Winnipeg, Canada

Rhubarb Bread

This recipe is for a bread machine.
Note: T is tablespoon; and t is teaspoon.

Cook down 2 cups of rhubarb with some water till mushy (about 5
minutes).  Let cool to a warm temperature. You will need to make 1
1/3 Cups of this.

1 1/3 C  rhubarb mush
1 T  orange juice
1 1/4 t  salt
2 T  Canola oil
2 T  brown sugar
1 T  honey
grated orange peel (I just grate the whole orange)
3/4 t  cinnamon

I mix all these together while the cooked rhubarb is cooling.

When the mixture is at a warm temperature, I put it and then the
following into the Bread machine.

1/4 C  gluten
1/2 C  quick oats
1 1/2 T  sunflower seed
1 1/2 C  whole wheat flour
1 1/2 C  unbleached white flour
1 1/4 t  yeast

Check the first kneading cycle for moisture content of dough and
adjust accordingly.