Food processor question

"Norbert or Jeanette Jacobs" <njretired@copper.net>
Sun, 21 Dec 2008 21:54:23 -0600
v108.n047.9
Merry Christmas, Ya'll!!!

This week's post mentioned a Cuisinart 1000 watt mixer that does
great bread dough.  Not necessarily wanting to "fry" my new 14
cup  Wolfgang Puck 900 watt food processor...I'm wondering if anyone
has ever had good luck mixing bread dough in a food processor?  I
know the recipes are out there; if I recall, some mentioned that you
can't mix the dough too long because it gets too hot and kills the
yeast.  Suggestions / recipes will be welcomed.

Another comment:  I wholeheartedly agree with "Northstarkennels"
about sharing family recipes.  I just spent an afternoon with first
cousins, and we agreed to share some of our moms' most famous
recipes.  Seems like some folks forget about the joy we receive in
giving, not to mention the fantastic memories we are able to revive
and treasure.  I'm so fortunate to live in a generous family whose
love for recipes, cooking, and baking far outweighs our pride.  But
our Mamas would surely be proud of us!  I don't know of a single
recipe that "they took with them to their grave."  My own kids will
face a different challenge:  if I haven't already given them a
certain recipe before I die, they will have to dig through my darn
recipe box or tons of cookbooks to find it!  eeeho!

JJ in South Texas