Stand Mixers

sblumm@comcast.net
Sun, 21 Dec 2008 22:55:00 +0000
v108.n047.8
I have a KA stand mixer - when I bought it seven or eight years ago
it was the largest they made for home use - about 5+ quarts I think.
I use it two or three times a week for dough, usually enough for a
three or four pound loaf. The KA works fine, no problems in mixing,
but it did break after about 3 years of use. I think KA had changed
their mixers and did not have the part needed for repair, so they
sent me a new mixer. They also sent me their new style dough hook a bit later.

KA's service reps are very helpful. (Though I have also had good
experience with Viking service in relation to a blender.)

So, I've had two KA mixers over the past seven or eight years, use it
to make breads with a pre-ferment twice a week, occasionally make a
challah or a sweet bread, bagels once every few months, and the KA
mixer has been fine for my uses.

Hope this is of some help.
Stephen Blumm