White wheat flour

Haack Carolyn <haacknjack@sbcglobal.net>
Sat, 14 Oct 2006 10:11:33 -0700 (PDT)
v106.n042.6
I use the White Wheat Flour very frequently.  It is true whole-wheat
flour, but from a different strain of wheat.  It just tastes less
"wheaty" ... perhaps a little less bitter or acid than the
more-familiar red wheat flour.

I substitute it one-for-one for regular whole wheat in any recipe
that calls for that.  I also use it 50% or more in many "all-purpose
flour" recipes -- quick breads, muffins, pancakes are all great
targets for this nutrition & flavor upgrade.  I use 100% in roll-out
sugar cookies ... yes, the edges are ever-so-slightly ragged, but
people rave about the taste.

Not only is the White Wheat flavor milder, its color is whiter as
well ... so, for instance, in the cookies it is hardly noticeable;
with traditional whole-wheat the color would be much darker
brown.  This makes it easy to avoid detection!