Pinching and attaching bread

"Jack Russell Weinstein" <jack.weinstein@und.nodak.edu>
Sun, 12 Feb 2006 12:17:10 -0600
v106.n007.5
Hi All,

This is my first post on the list. :-) I wonder if people might help
me with a bread shaping issue. When I make Challah (braided bread) or
bagels, or any other bread that requires pinching two ends or two
pieces together, the dough won't stay attached. I have tried wetting
the end with cold water and warm water, adding extra flower and
adding no flower, pinching quickly and pinching slowly. Does anyone
have any techniques they might recommend for joining two dough ends
so that they won't come apart during the rise?

Thanks!

Jack