Bread in the Good Old Summer Time

"Kenneth McMurtrey" <kdlam@megagate.com>
Sun, 21 Aug 2005 12:11:10 -0500
v105.n036.8
I have been wondering about the possible use of a barbecue grill for
baking bread.  I'm aware of the baking of pizzas and by extension
flatbreads.  What I have in mind is artisinal style breads baked in
the outdoor grill, most likely by using a baking stone to put the
bread on and possibly one on a shelf above it as well.

I don't have a grill and don't eat enough meat to justify the expense
of buying one.  However, if I could bake bread in July and August
here in south Mississippi on one I might buy one, most likely a gas fired one.

Has anyone had any experience using a grill to bake bread other than
the pizza/flatbread?

Ken