Flax seed crackers

Sonia Martinez <cubanwahine@hawaii.rr.com>
Sun, 14 Aug 2005 08:45:15 -1000
v105.n035.8
I got this recipe from a little flax seed booklet that was sent to me
recently by friends.  We made the following crackers and liked them.

Sonia in Hawaii

Flax Seed Crackers

1/4 cup whole flax seeds
1/4 cup ground flax seeds
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons butter, softened
1/2 cup skim milk

In a bowl of a stand mixer, add all ingredients except milk. With
paddle attachment, mix at low speed until mixture resembles a coarse meal.

Stir in milk and mix until mixture forms a soft dough (can be done by
hand).  Wrap dough in plastic and chill 10 minutes.

Preheat oven to 325F

Divide the dough into quarters. Turn out onto a lightly floured
board. Roll out very thin to a rectangle about 1/16 inch thick. cut
into 2 1/2 inch squares. Repeat with remaining dough.

Bake 20 minutes until crisp and golden

Variations:
For Onion flavor: Add 1 Tablespoon powdered onion sour mix
For Cheese flavor: Add 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
For Italian flavor: Add 1 Tablespoon oregano and 1 cup grated
mozzarela cheese

SOURCE: Flax Family Favorites - Recipes and healthy tips cookbooklet
Flax Council of Canada
465-167 Lombard Avenue
Winnipeg, MB, Canada R3B 076