Stuffed Bread

lee.meck@maine.edu
Sat, 10 Jan 2004 11:45:19 -0500

This isn't the stuffed bread you are looking for, but one that I make using
the 4-H Champion Bread someone posted back in April....not sure who to
credit for this. I'm a college student and my family really likes it...

Using your favorite basic bread dough or even 2 frozen loaves.... after the
first rise, punch down and roll out on floured surface into 2-4 rectangles
about 16x10"- these should be fairly thin....otherwise dough will not bake
the whole way through.

Pre-heat oven to 400 F.  Cover cookie sheet with foil, grease with olive
oil, sprinkle with cornmeal.

Place on rolled out dough a combo of your favorite meats/ cheeses...about a
1/4 lb. of each on each rectangle, pepperoni, and a jar of drained roasted
red peppers (plus anything else you'd like).  Spread ingredients within a
1/2" of the dough border.

Start on long side of rectangle and roll up, pinching ends and
seam.  Gently fold ends under.

Place on prepared pan - you can usually get 2 on a pan.

Brush tops of loaves with egg whites and sprinkle with more cornmeal or
toasted seasame seeds.  Bake about 20-25 mins. until bread sounds hollow
when tapped.

Slice and serve with homemade tomato sauce to dip.