Holiday Bread on a whim

Roxanne Rieske <rokzane@comcast.net>
Sun, 28 Dec 2003 09:58:43 -0700
v104.n001.19
I had an adventurous streak last week and made this bread on a whim:

I took Peter's recipe for middle class brioche and threw in a couple
handfuls of fresh chopped cranberries, mini semi-sweet chocolate chips,
golden raisins, and candied lemon peel. After the first rise and initial
refrigeration, I stretched it out to a 10 inch by 6 inch log, filled it
with a cinnamon-apple filling that I made myself, and rolled it up stollen
style.  Before going in the oven, I made two cross-like slashes on the top
and sprinkled a nut struesal topping on the top. It was outstanding.

Unfortunately, I couldn't even begin to write out what amounts I used. I
just added stuff until it looked yummy to me :-).

Roxanne