KitchenAid vs. Breadmakers

lfc@juno.com
Sun, 9 Mar 2003 15:00:31 -0600
v103.n014.7
I have baked bread both as treats and staple bread for about 15 years.  I
got a bread machine about 4 years ago and I really liked it for simple
white or 50/50 bread (whole wheat/white flour) for a couple of years. For
some reason, after a while it didn't bake as well.  The loaves don't rise
in the bake enough.  I figured it was something I wasn't doing
right.  Reading all the dissappointment people have had with bread machines
makes me wonder.  I received a KitchenAid a couple of Christmas' ago and I
love it.  I mix and knead the bread, but I take it out to hand knead a
little bit because I love the feel of the dough.  Plus, I like the whole
loaves without the hole-y loaf from the paddle.

Happy baking
Linda