Hand Mixers for Large Batches of Dough

"Bob Freeman" <bfreeman@nettally.com>
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 20:19:00 -0400
v102.n046.22
For many years I have been baking large batches (8 to 12 loaves) of various
yeast breads by hand on the kitchen counter. Recent knee replacements limit
my standing and kneading time. Therefore short of an expensive and space
consuming commercial Hobart mixer I'm looking for a portable hand mixer for
the initial stages of mixing. (How I'd love to "pop" the top off our
Kitchen Aid mixer to use until hand kneading is absolute necessary.)  I've
looked at hand mixers at Wal-Mart but the most largest don't appear to have
the power to do the job.

Does anyone know of a portable mixer that might satisfy my needs for now?
(I hope this is a temporary condition.)

Bob Freeman, Tallahassee FL