Gluten

Kevin Bell <bellk@jeffnet.org>
Sat, 18 Nov 2000 07:46:02 -0800
v100.n074.7
I have done some basic calculations to use vital wheat gluten to make high
gluten flour and clear flour from bread flour.  With vital wheat gluten at
40% protein and bread flour at 12-12.5% protein, high gluten at 13.5-14%
and clear at 16%.  To the measuring cup I add 1 Tablespoon vital wheat
gluten and top with bread flour for each cup called for.  My calcuations
say this would make the protein 14-14.5% or equivilant to high gluten
flour.  I'm not sure this is correct and was wondering if any one else
had tried this and what proportions they use.  I just made some bagels this
way and they turned out very nicely.

Thanks
Kevin in Oregon