Basic Baking by Lora Brody

Fri, 17 Nov 2000 23:37:48 -0800
v100.n073.13
I just saw a copy of Basic Baking by Lora Brody.  Let me share my thoughts
with you on this new book ... I think it would be the perfect gift for a
newly wed, newly moved out young adult, or anyone who needs some clearly
explained instructions for basic baking.  She has included 100+ recipes
that are explained so clearly that someone who has little experience baking
will be able to follow them with excellent product results.  I found
extremely interesting the first section that describes equipment, basic
terms and instructions for producing toasted coconut (for
example).  Congratulations to Lora on another wonderful cookbook.  There
are no yeasted bread recipes but there are some quick bread recipes along
with scones and muffins.  Cakes and other goodies glore!!

Reggie