Re: Breadman Ultimate

Larry Klevans <klev8502@eclipsetel.com>
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 12:42:32 -0500
v100.n071.23
Reggie Dwork asked about how to activate the nut/fruit door on the Breadman
Ultimate.

I wrote:
To get the nut/fruit door to open you have to push the "Extra" button. I
still haven't figured what activates the door since the top cover is
removable.  If you are getting clicking sounds it would appear that the the
system is being activated but that the door is hanging up.  You might try
lubricating the bearings with cooking oil spray.

Reggie Dwork wrote:
I did push the "Extra" button each time.  Hear the clicks but the lower
door doesn't drop down and the top one doesn't spring up.  I thought about
lubricating it but do you think that the cooking oil spray will gum up the
works even more??  I know when I use cooking oil spray on (say) a muffin
tin and then it is baked the tin gets very sticky ... even washing won't
take it off after it has baked on.

and I wrote:
Have you had any luck calling Salton's Custoner Service- 800-233-9054
(9AM-5PM CST)? I tried yesterday but gave up after 20 minutes
on-hold.  Their e-mail address is breadman@saltonusa.com, and their mailing
address is Salton/MAXIM, 550 Business Center Drive, Mt. Pleasant, IL 60056

Yes vegetable oil might get gummy.  Silicone oil, which comes in an aerosol
can, and should not gum up, might be considered..  I have a feeling that
the latch is not opening, and lubrication probably will not help that.

and Jeff Dwork adds:
The latch is opening - you can see it when you lift the lid.  But the door
only drops down a very short distance - too little to let anything fall
out.  The latch is activated by a pin that emerges from the fixed part of
the top of the machine and pushes into the side of the lid.  There's a rod
(grey in color) that is pushed on and releases the latch.

Larry Klevans