Conclusion: Busted bread pan

Dave Atkinson <david.atkinson5@sympatico.ca>
Sun, 05 Nov 2000 09:26:21 -0500
v100.n071.22
Some of you might remember my post asking for advice on a paddle that had
fallen off my Oster's bread pan.  I did receive some suggestions on fixing
it, but in the end, the part turned out to be toast.  Of course, the
warranty had expired.  I contacted Oster (http://www.oster.com/) and they
directed me to a parts dealer in my city.  Then the real fun
started:  first I was told the part was very expensive, then they told me
it was no longer available. I was not happy with the prospect of being
stuck with a two-year old bread machine with no pan, and went back to Oster
and complained as politely as I could in an email.  Wouldn't you know it,
they had some pan assemblies in stock and shipped one out to me, free.

Am I annoyed that the pan died in such a short amount of time?  Yes.  Am I
happy that Oster understands the meaning of customer satisfaction?
Absolutely.  And I'm willing to hope that this was a fluke and the machine
will last several more years.  Either way, thumbs up to Oster!
Cheers,
Catherine