Iris

"Doris Bruntel" <dbruntel@worldnet.att.net>
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 23:07:33 -0400
v100.n056.17
A very good friend of mine has been telling me about a bread or cake that he
calls "Iris" which he had when visiting in Palermo, but has not been able to
find since then.  He said he had it in he train station in Palermo and
people he's spoken to seem to know of this but don't have a recipe.

According to Bill, "Iris" is pronounced "Air-iss" and it is some kind of a
dough ball filled with a creamy or cheese filling.

I'd really like to make this for him, since he has been a wonderful and
supportive friend, and generously helpful to me during a recent illness I
had.   Can anyone out there help me?

Thanks.
Doris