wry rye observations

Haacknjack@aol.com
Sat, 29 Jul 2000 11:20:09 EDT
v100.n054.7
> To: BillyFish@aol.com
> Subject: Sticky rye dough

My experience is that rye flour produces the exact effect you observe ... and
it turns to slick slime when you try to wash it off of the bread board.  So
don't worry about it!  You're right, it adds a nice (and "mysterious") flavor
to lots of breads...toss it in and keep a textured scrubby pad nearby to
clean up.  (Though I make all my bread by hand, I can't imagine that your
machine is adding anything special to the experience!)  DO resist the
temptation to keep adding flour to overcome the stickiness, unless you plan
to build a structure with the resulting product...