Bread Dough Enhancers & Sweet Milk Scones

Joni Repasch <jrepasch@wt.infi.net>
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 12:27:07 -0500
v100.n027.7
I'd like the digest to know that I have experimented with Bev Carney's
"Kathy G's Dough Magic for several recipes and thought it was terrific.
This past week I used it in a spelt flour bread recipe and the King
Arthur's Flour recipe for Granary Bread.  In the latter case I added
vital wheat gluten.  Both breads came out nicely.

Tonight I tried Kathy Engel's Sweet Milk Scone Recipe.  Dinner was a pot
roast and I often prepare buttermilk biscuits with this dish. What a
nice change: the scones came out very beautifully and requiring much
less fat than most scone recipes. Skim milk in place of whole milk did
just fine.

Thanks to both Bev and Kathy for their submissions to the digest.

Joni Repasch