Freezing Bread Dough

C&D <chico@comnet.ca>
Sat, 17 Apr 1999 20:21:56 -0700
v099.n022.7
Dear Karen:

I have only ever frozen pizza dough, but with great success, and would
imagine that just about any other dough can be frozen.  I put the dough
in the freezer once the dough cycle on my Oster is done.  I wrap it in
freezer bags, which are a good size.  I take the dough out the morning I
plan to make pizza, and bring it to room temperature before I handle it
(it doesn't take its shape if it's cold).  You might try shaping the
dough in a pan before freezing it, then let it warm up and rise before
baking.

I hope this is helpful.  I'd love to hear about other people's freezing
tricks as well - let me know what works and what doesn't.

Cheers,
Catherine