Freezing Bread Dough

nancy edwards <kepler_kid@go.com>
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 09:18:13 -0700 (PDT)
v099.n022.8
Re: Karen's question.  I haven't tried freezing dough but have had good
results with refrigeration overnight or all day and then baking.  This
might be an option if your schedule permits.  I make up my dough using the
dough cycle of my bread maching, then shape as desired.  Cover with greased
plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to bake.  If you will be baking
the bread in about 8 hours, it's best to let it rise about halfway, then
refrigerate.  If it will be longer before you bake, you may just put it
right into the fridge.  Be sure not to use too much yeast.  Also, cover the
dough well so it won't dry out.  I have been using this method for years to
serve fresh, hot bread or rolls for dinner (or breakfast).  By
experimenting, you should be able to do the same.  Good luck!

__
http://www.go.com