Oil Leak

Vernon Webster <vernon@the-spa.demon.co.uk>
Tue, 1 Sep 98 00:02:43 +0000
v098.n064.14
>wrote:
><<Hello - I need some advice regarding a recipe I threw together.
>Yesterday I made a rolled bread using pesto as a filling.  The bread
>itself was tasty, but I was disappointed that yet another of my "rolled"
>breads came out with air pockets between the layers.  Any advice on
>avoiding this separation of bread & filling?>>

Hi there Patrice,
     In addition to ruth's excellent advice about keeping the dough
moist, I have found that when adding oily things such as olives to a
dough it helps to coat with flour. If you don't want the pesto kneeded
into the whole dough then I would also try intergrating some flour into
the pesto mixture before wrapping it up in the dough. This should absorb
some of the excess oil.

     Good luck,
          Vernon