Re: Digest bread-bakers.v098.n060

Vernon Webster <vernon@the-spa.demon.co.uk>
Sun, 23 Aug 98 13:51:32 +0000
v098.n061.6
     Hello John and all,
          I failed to say that part of the reason that some of the flour
I use is relatively expensive is that it is organic, though I don't think
the whole Doves Farm range is.
          Do the bags of flour that you buy have the protein levels
written on the packet, mine don't seem to? What 'statistics' does
Canadian wheat have and how are the results likely to differ from bread
made with our homegrown (UK) wheat?
          If you like well flavoured bread, I get good results using malt
flour in my basic recipe and adding a about two tablespoons of malt
extract (you can get this from many health food shops)
               Vernon.