Pizza Dough

MBills <MBills@aol.com>
Sun, 11 Jan 1998 17:42:53 EST
v098.n004.10
Pizza Dough - by hand :-) (although I use a Kitchen-Aid Mixer)
from the kitchen of Maureen Bills

1 pkg. yeast
1 cup warm water
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. olive oil (flavored grapeseed oils also work well - I use
basil/garlic, or garlic/parsley grapeseed oils)
3 1/2 c. flour (approx.)
Garlic salt, parmesan cheese (optional - to taste)

In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water.  Stir in sugar, salt and oil.  Add 2
cups of flour, beat until smooth.  Add enough remaining flour to make a soft
dough.  Turn onto lightly floured board; knead until smooth and elastic.
Place in greased bowl; brush top with oil.  Cover, let rise in a warm place
until double.  Punch down; shape at once or cover and refrigerate.

Optional:  When mixing in sugar, salt and oil - you can also add some garlic
salt, and/or parmesan cheese for flavor.