Cornbread

Mark and Jen Wesner <mwnjw@iei.net>
Sun, 12 Oct 1997 13:18:05 -0500
v097.n062.7
Laurie wrote:
>>My grandmother use to make a moist corn bread made with creamed corn as
>>well as corn meal.  My family has not found a written record of the
>>recipe, nor can remember the recipe themselves.
>>Laurie
>><donofri1@gte.net>

Hi Laurie,

I have a recipe for something called "Scalloped Corn" that is somewhat
similar to what you're describing.  Funny, I never would have called it a
bread, but you're right -- it is kind of like very moist cornbread.  Here's
the recipe:

SCALLOPED CORN

1 can creamed corn
1 can whole corn
1/2 cup butter or margarine (1 stick), melted
1 cup sour cream (8 oz.)
1 8 oz. box Jiffy corn bread mix

Mix together all ingredients till well blended.  Bake in an 8" x 8" pan at
350 degrees until golden brown, about 50 minutes.

Enjoy,

Jenny