Mango Macadamia Nut Bread

Sat, 19 Apr 1997 00:44:26 -0700
v097.n031.14
This was very good!!  I didn't have any macadamia nuts so I toasted some
hazelnuts instead.

Reggie
                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                     Mango Macadamia Nut Bread <R T>

Recipe By     : The Bread Machine Book, Marjie Lambert
Categories    : Bread Machine                    Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                Breads                           Fruits
                Low Fat                          Nuts

                        1 Lb Loaf: -- (1 1/2 Lb Loaf):
     1/3  C             Rolled Oats -- (1/2 C)
     1/4  C             Boiling Water -- (6 Tbsp)
   2      Tsp           Yeast -- (1 Tbsp)
   1 3/4  C             Bread Flour -- (2 2/3 C)
     1/4  Tsp           Nutmeg -- (1/2 Tsp)
     1/4  Tsp           Ground Ginger -- (1/2 Tsp)
     1/2  Tsp           Salt -- (3/4 Tsp)
   2      Tsp           Sugar -- (1 Tbsp)
   1      Tbsp          Icbinb-Light -- *Note, (1 1/2 Tbsp)
     1/2  C             Pureed Mango -- (3/4 C)
     1/4  C             Nonfat Milk -- **Note, (6 Tbsp)
     1/4  C             Chopped Macadamia Nuts -- ***Note, (6 Tbsp)

With its tropical flavor, this bread goes well with a fruited chicken salad
sandwich.

*NOTE:  Original recipe used butter
**NOTE:  Original recipe used regular milk
***NOTE:  I didn't have any macadamia nuts so I used toasted hazelnuts

Put the oats in bread machine pan and pour the boiling water over them.
Stir so all the oats are wet.  Let sit at least 15 min.  Add all the
remaining ingredients except the nuts.  Set for white bread, medium crust.
Press Start.  Check the dough after about 10 min.  Depending on the water
content of the mango, the dough may need a little more milk or flour.   Add
the nuts after the first kneading or when the machine signals to add fruit
or nuts.

This was very good!!

Entered into MasterCook and tested for you by Reggie & Jeff Dwork
<reggie@jeff-and-reggie.com>

NOTES : Cal  151.2
Fat  2.4g
Carb  27.3g
Fib  1.6g
Pro  4.9g
Sod  150mg
CFF  14.3%
Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 4088 0 0