Re: Brown Bread Recipe

Patty Perkins <Pperkins@cris.com>
Sat, 14 Dec 1996 10:20:37 -0800
v096.n067.5
Mindy:

I don't know if I missed in the thread along the way if there was a
particular brown bread you were seeking, but I think this one is good.
It's from Donna German's Bread Machine Cookbook III.

IRISH BROWN BREAD

			SMALL		MEDIUM		LARGE

Water			3/4 cup		1 1/8 cup	1 1/2 cup
Brown Sugar		2 Tbsp		3 Tbsp		1/4 cup
Salt			1/3 tsp		1/2 tsp		2/3 tsp
Bread Flour		1 cup		1 1/2 cups	2 cups
Vital Gluten (Opt)	2 Tbsp		3 Tbsp		1/4 cup
Oats			1/3 cup		1/2 cup		2/3 cup
Wheat Flour		3/4 cup		1 cup		1 1/2 cup
Buttermilk Powder	2 Tbsp		3 Tbsp		1/4 cup
Yeast			1 1/2 tsp	2 tsp		2 1/2 tsp

Flour Equivalents:	2+ Cups		3 Cups		4+ Cups
cycle:			Whole Grain, white; timer
Setting:		Medium

Hope this is what you were looking for ---- if not, it's good to have
tucked away anyhow!!