Bread Machine Recipes & MC recipe scaling

marciaf@juno.com (Marcia A Fasy)
Mon, 02 Dec 1996 23:55:55 EST
v096.n063.12
I would like to know if anyone has successfully scaled bread machine
recipes using Master Cook?  I tried scaling the Electric Bread recipe for
Easy French from 1# to 1.5#.    I scaled by entering the 1# loaf as 4
servings and scaling to 6 servings for the 1.5# loaf.  I then compared to
the recipe for the 1.5# loaf in the book and it was not the same.  Any
suggestions would be appreciated.

Marcia Fasy

This is my favorite raisin bread.  It came from a great bread machine
newsletter which is no longer available.

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                 Vanilla Yogurt Raisin Bread :(1 & 1.5#)

Recipe By     : Ada Lai "The Magic Bread Letter"
Categories    : Fruit

     1/2  cup           raisins -- 2/3 C
   2      tablespoons   vanilla -- 3 T
   1 1/3  tablespoons   water -- 2 T
     2/3  cup           Yoplait FF extra creamy vanilla yogurt** -- 1 C
   2      tablespoons   butter -- 3 T
   2      cups          bread flour -- 3 C
     1/2  teaspoon      salt -- 1 t.
   1 1/3  tablespoons   sugar -- 2T
   1 1/2  teaspoons     active dry yeast -- 2 t.

Soak the raisins in the vanilla for at least one hour*.  Drain well,
reserving the vanilla.  Combine the reserved vanilla with water to make
up the indicated water measurement.  Combine yogurt and water/vanilla
mixture and heat to 85 degrees (in microwave)  Add yogurt mixure to bread
pan followed by other ingredients except raisins.  Select light crust and
start machine.  Add raisins at beep.

NOTES : *If you don't have an hour to soak raisins, microwave 1 minute
and allow to cool.  "Coo" l raisins in freezer until time to add to bread
machine.  **  Other vanilla yogurt will work but none as well as Yoplait.
15.4% calories from fat