Surprise "No Oil" Rolls

Sat, 21 Sep 1996 20:39:08 -0700
v096.n042.15
Here is another one I made yesterday and they turned out really tasty.

Reggie

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                      Surprise "No Oil" Rolls <R T>

Recipe By     :
Serving Size  : 12   Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List        Breads
                Hand Made                        Low Fat

   2      T             Active Dry Yeast
     1/2  Cup           warm water
   1      Cup           nonfat cottage cheese -- small curd
   1      T             sugar
     1/4  Tsp.          baking soda
     1/2  Tsp.          salt
   1                    egg white
   2 1/2  Cups          whole-wheat flour
     1/4  C             All-Purpose Flour
   1      Tsp           Tarragon

Sprinkle yeast over warm water.  Set aside.
 Warm cottage cheese. Add cottage cheese, sugar baking soda, salt, egg white
and 1/2 cup flour to yeast
mixture.  Beat for 2 minutes.
 Gradually add remaining flour to form a soft dough.   Knead for 10 minutes on
a floured surface.  Cover; let raise until double, about 1 1/2 hours.
 Punch down.  Divide into 12 equal parts and roll into balls.
 Place in 9" round non-stick baking pan.  Cover, let raise until double, about
30 minutes.
 Bake at 350 deg F for 20 minutes.  Serve hot.

 Yield: 12 rolls

Note: Roll out, cut into four inch rounds, and use as hamburger buns, also.

>From: d.morrissey@genie.com

I added the tarragon and they were absolutely excellent. - Reggie

NOTES : Cal  179.4
Fat  0.6g
Carbs  38.1g
Fiber  3.6g