Sourdough Starter

cmathew@iadfw.net (Joan Mathew)
Sun, 11 Aug 96 05:33:21 -0500 (CDT)
v096.n031.2
>Subject: Sourdough Starter
>Date: Mon, 05 Aug 1996 10:12:20 CST
>
>Does anyone have the recipe to start the starter??  Other starters too.
>How 'bout the brandied fruit starter too???

For several recipes on sourdough starters (the friendship bread, as well)
you might want to check on a book called _The Best of the Herman Sourdough
Herald_.  It's a small, spiral-bound book with cardboard-type covers, and
I've seen it recently in bookstores so I know it's still in print.  This
book is written in a rather humorous, folksy way, and there are many recipes
for how to begin starters as well as recipes for baking with them.  I've
found it invaluable for my collection.

Hope this helps,
Joan
cmathew@iadfw.net
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/1514
USDA gardening zone 7b, just north of Dallas, TX