>--------------- MESSAGE bread-bakers.v096.n011.6 ---------------
>From: Doug Weller <email@example.com>
>Subject: BM brioche recipe
>Date: Sat, 04 May 1996 19:31:10 +0100
>Does anyone have a recipe for brioche dough in a Bread Machine?
My 1 pound Panasonic ABM instruction manual has an excellent Brioche
recipe. It's for the basic dough mode.
INGREDIENTS (Yield 8):
2-1/4 cups bread flour
1-1/2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon dry milk
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup (2 fl. oz.) water
6 tablespoons butter or margarine
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons dry yeast
1 egg, beaten for brushing on top
8 brioche or cake cups
1) Make the dough according to instructions (for your particular machine).
2) Place the dough in a greased bowl. Cover. Rest the dough in the
refrigerator for 30 minutes.
3) Divide the dough into 8 equal portions. Roll each portion into a
ball. Cover with a plastic wrap and rest for 20 minutes.
4) Using the edge of the hand, pinch off about one-fourth of the dough
without detaching it. Roll the dough on the bench so that both parts are
5) Place the dough in the tin large-end first. With fingertips, press the
small ball around its circumference into the large one.
6) Place tins on baking pan. Spray water on top. Proof at 90 degrees
Farenheit for 30 to 50 minutes or until the large ball rises above the tin.
7) Brush with beaten egg.
8) Bake in 350 degree Farenheit oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden
SOURCE: Bread Bakery Automatic Bread Maker Operating Instructions &
Recipes, Panasonic #SD-BT55P.
* * * * * * * * * * *
Brioche dough is very well suited to a bread machine because it's so oily
and sticky. I've modified the recipe a little bit by spraying my dough
with Pam or other cooking spray instead of water for step #6, and then
covering it with plastic wrap for the rising process. I also make it
into 12 individual round (not shaped) rolls, baked in oiled muffin tins,
instead of following the instructions to make 8 classic Brioche shapes
(knobbed on top). These little rolls very rich and very tasty.
Angie Klidzejs Internet: firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of Horticultural Science
University of Minnesota
305 Alderman Hall
1970 Folwell Avenue Telephone: (612) 624-3795
Saint Paul, MN 55108 U.S.A. Fax: (612) 624-4941