sponge question

LIR119@delphi.com
Mon, 08 Apr 1996 18:02:10 -0500 (EST)
v096.n005.3
In all of my 30 plus years of baking I find a sponge a realiable method to
really activate the yeast to the fullest extent. thus when the sponge is
added to the other ingrdeints the yeast has a head start so to speak when
mixed with aditional flour.
Texture is usually more fine grained and flavor mellow and not so strong and
yeasty.
But again my humble opinion, I really use the straight dough method ( none
sponge ) for most all my bread baking. If I really think my bread recipe has
more plus factors with a sponge, then Ill use it.              Joan
Joan,"Flour Power"

`[1;32;40mRainbow V 1.18.3 for Delphi - Registered