Re: #82 - Gluten

bj29@mirage.skypoint.com (bjjan)
Sun, 17 Mar 96 19:36 CST
v006.n084.3
>From: Rose <rmsy@gworld.net>   asked how to use Pure Gluten.

In The Bread Machine Magic Book of Helpful Hints it says: "we've learned
that adding 1-1/2 teaspoon vital wheat gluten flour per cup of flour in
white breads and 1 Tablespoon vital wheat gluten flour per cup of flour in
whole-grain breads works best."  "For example if the recipe listed 1 Cup of
bread flour, 1 cup of whole wheat flour and 1 cup of rye flour, we added 3
Tablespoons of vital wheat gluten as well."  (This is basically a
whole-grain bread even though there is white flour in it)  "As with vital
wheat gluten, when adding vital wheat gluten flour to your dough, you may
also need to increase the liquid by 1 or 2 tablespoons while it is
kneading." ... Bev in Mn