FYI: want Irish ale bread recipe

Nicia_Pulido@maxtor.com
Mon, 11 Mar 1996 23:46:08 -0800
v006.n083.1
Hello everyone,

I am new to the list and just lurk alot.  I wanted to ask, I have been
looking for an Irish bread recipe I saw once 12 years ago.  This is a
Traditional Irish bread that was usually eaten in the Pub with a stout (?)
or mug of warm ale on a cold day.  This bread is kind of dark in color
light maybe an almost bran type color and texture with a sweet taste.
Does anyone know what bread this is and if possible can I get the recipe.
 I am interested in types of traditional Irish breads and the recipes and
traditions behind them.  If anyone has any info please let me know at
Nicia_Pulido@Maxtor.COM.