7 or 9 Grain Whole Wheat Bread <T>

"Natalie Frankel" <Natalie.Frankel@mixcom.com>
Wed, 7 Feb 1996 21:39:21 -0600 (CST)
v006.n068.16
I'm new to this list and enjoying it very much!  Here's a favorite bread
machine recipe which comes out relatively light for a whole grain bread. I
think that mixing the flours together is what makes it light.  This comes
originally from the Fatfree mailing list archives.

              7 or 9 GRAIN WHOLE WHEAT BREAD <T>

1 1/8 cup	Water (very warm)
1 1/2 TB	Fruit juice or concentrate (warmed slightly) or applesauce
3 TB		Honey
1/2 tsp		Salt
3 TB		Vital Gluten           }
3/4 cup		4/7/or 9 Grain Cereal  } mixed together
2 1/4 cups	Whole Wheat Flour      }
1 TB 		Flax seeds (optional)  }
2 tsp 		Yeast

Put into bread machine in this order or according to your machine.  Bake on
1 1/2 lb loaf cycle.

Sometimes I make it into sandwich rolls.  I make it on the dough cycle
then shape it into 10 balls.  Place in a 9" round pan (lightly sprayed
with Pam) and let rise an hour covered with a cotton cloth.  Bake at 350
degrees for 35 minutes.  Remove from pan right away and cool on cooling rack.

<T> means the recipe is tested (and recommended)

Thanks for a great list, Reggie!

Natalie Frankel
Milwaukee, WI