Measuring cups

haldas@nettally.com (Haldas, Gene)
Wed, 7 Feb 1996 22:48:36 -0500
v006.n068.17
There has been a lot of discussion about measuring flour, and
it seemed to conclude that weighing the flour is most accurate.
I have several measuring cups made of glass, plastic and metal.
I found that that they are all different. Using water, I discovered
that glass cups were not the same as the plastic ones in fact even
the markings on the pyrex cups were not the same. The difference was
small but if someone is a stickler for accuracy you cannot rely
on what's available at Wal-Mart or your local store.