Rolls & Gluten

gjones1@mmm.com
Tue, 6 Feb 1996 18:01:01 -0600
v006.n068.14
Hi everyone, I have been lurking on the list for a few weeks and I
have decided to come out and ask a questions.  I received a Black &
Decker ABM for Christmas and I really enjoy it but I have a couple
of questions I would really appreciated being answered.

1) When I made rolls using the dough setting I was happy with the
   results but I would like the rolls a little lighter.  How can I
   control that?  I used 3/4 white bread flour and 1/4 WW.

2) The first loaf I made was 100% whole wheat.  Although I enjoyed
   the taste, the loaf was a little too compact and dense for my
   liking.  From what I had read from the list I believe that the
   addition of gluten would help this situation.  Am I correct?
   I asked the Flour Mill if they had gluten and they gave me gluten
   flour...what's that??  How do I use that?

Thank you very much for the informative information.

Graham
gjones1@mmm.com