Why use a bread machine?

janetm@online1.magnus1.com
Tue, 6 Feb 1996 11:04:22 -0500 (EST)
v006.n068.13
Ron asked the following:
> a time.  My question is, where is the advantage in using a bread machine?

I can, of course, only speak for myslef here, but I started baking bread
with my grandmother when i was 6 years and there is no denying the fact
that the contact with the dough that you have when making it the
traditional way is something magical.

However, the past few years I have suffered from carpal tunnel and
fibromyalgia and just can't make bread that way anymore.  The bread
machine gives me the choice between the horrible store-bought breads and
fresh, hot breads in the same infinate variety I used to make.

There's also the plus of waking up to a pipping hot loaf of cinnamon
raisin bread ready to eat for breakfast and being able to come home to a
just done loaf of herb bread for dinner.

Cheers,
Janet

       |  Janet Morrissey            @   With the bread eaten up,     |
       |  "Mostly Harmless"          @   up breaks the company.       |