bread-bakers-digest V6 #65 (fwd)

karant@gallium.csusb.edu (Dr. Yasha Karant)
Sun, 4 Feb 1996 13:22:45 -0800 (PST)
v006.n067.16
Forwarded message:
> Subject:   bread-bakers-digest V6 #65
>
> From: ClayCooker@aol.com
> Date: Sun, 28 Jan 1996 09:58:10 -0500
> Subject: Re:  #61 Angie Fox questions
>
> - -----Programmable machine?....yes the Zojirushi S 15 is programmable.

This is the official advertising line; we have one, and it works fine
for the factory programs.  However, to "program" it, one needs to
actually sit with it during the entire cycle, watching a clock for the
correct elapsed times and interrupting the cycles (with excellent
timing and coordination, else one will be off by minutes, say if one
were doing other things about the house/kitchen and not paying
attention for just a moment).  The machine does not let one program it
in the conventional sense of the word:  enter from the control panel
in advance of use a set of times for each of the portions of the
kneading/resting/baking/... cycle for the custom program.  Rather, it
"learns" by interruption during the actual cycles what the user wants,
requiring the user to interrupt it at precisely the correct moment.
The above information is what I have received from the USA Zojirushi
factory service persons.  If anyone out there knows a way to
conventionally program the unit, in advance of actual use, please let
me know.  By the way, other than its miserable programming feature, I
highly recommend the Zo'; it is powerful enough to handle whole grain
recipes and produce dense whole grain bread (not just "WonderBread" --
which is a wonder to call bread).

Yasha Karant
karant@gallium.csusb.edu