Re: Newcomer with a question

Vinny Jones <vincentm@blkbox.COM>
Sun, 4 Feb 1996 09:06:20 -0600
v006.n067.7

>From: Jerry D <KELE@aloha.net>
>Date: Thu, 1 Feb 1996 21:12:29 -1000 (HST)
>Subject: Newcomer with a question
>
>Aloha.  I'm brand-new to the list and not even brand new (as yet) to bread
>baking.  I want to learn the manual method.  Have NEVER baked bread before in
>my life and want suggestions as to a full-on book on the subject....the BEST
>one any or all of you have seen.  Cost is no object.  I simply want the most
>thorough text in print.

I started with Anne William's _Look & Cook_, a book with a variety of
recipes from plain white bread to focaccia.  It has *pictures* of
everything - what the dough and bread should look like at each stage of the
making, the tools, the ingredients -- perfect for a beginner.

The hardcover price is $19.95 and it is published by Dorling Kindersley.
 ISBN 1-56458-866-1.  Good luck!