re: ??sources for bulk rapid-rise yeast

cmathew@iadfw.net (Craig & Joan Mathew)
Sun, 4 Feb 1996 07:29:46 -0600 (CST)
v006.n067.5
>Date: Mon, 29 Jan 1996 13:09:22 -0500
>Subject: re: ??sources for bulk rapid-rise yeast
>
>cmathew@iadfw.net asked:
>
>Does anyone make rapid-rise yeast sold in bulk form???  I'm not too picky
>about brand names as long as it works well.  Help!
>
>Joan did not say where she lives.  I live in Southern California and get
>yeast from Smart and Final.  You get more than twice as much yeast for half
>the price.  I just bought a pound of Fleischmans' for less that $2.50, but
>have not used it yet.
>
>William Buchman

William,
  You are absolutely right...I forgot to mention where I live! <blush>  I
live just north of the Dallas (TX) metroplex.  At the advice of some helpful
folks here, I went to my local Sam's Club to find out what they carried in
the way of yeast products.  Nothing.  I am pretty familiar with their baking
aisle, and they didn't have a thing in stock.  I also went to ask if they
would be carrying any yeast at all, and they said they could check into it
but usually whatever was out is what they have.  I'm not holding my breath.

  So, for you folks who have a Price Club or Sam's Club or whatever that
carries this stuff....consider yourself lucky!!  I guess I shall have to
find a good mail-order source (e.g., King Arthur).

Thanks very much for all your kind responses,
Joan