??yeast

cmathew@iadfw.net (Craig & Joan Mathew)
Tue, 23 Jan 1996 07:13:12 -0600 (CST)
v006.n060.24
Hello all,
  I was in the grocery the other day looking for yeast, and I discovered
jars of regular Fleischmann's yeast and another jar of the Fleischmann's
yeast labelled "for bread machines".

  I don't have a bread machine, but I'm always curious...what is the
difference between the 'regular' yeast vs. the one 'for bread machines'?
Are they interchangeable?  And, how are these different from the 'RapidRise'
yeast (which I like very much)?

  Since I bake a lot of bread and am always experimenting with new
techniques and recipes, the different kinds of yeasts interest me.

  Finally, I'd like to find mail-order sources for buying yeast in bulk.
What I'd prefer is to find the rapid-rise yeast, but I will settle for the
regular yeast.  I know about King Arthur Flour Company, but is there anyone
else that sells via mail-order?  (I posted this question the other day, but
silly me...I left out my location and some specifics)

Thanks for any information you can provide,
Joan
Dallas, TX
cmathew@iadfw.net