Re: SF sourdough

"J. R. Link" <jlink@best.com>
Mon, 15 Jan 1996 19:34:29 PST
v006.n058.30
No we in the SF bay area just can't get the exact sourdough flavor. That is
why
the SF sourdough company produces and sells so well. What is of interest is
that
Colombo, Toscano, Parisian and Bodean are all the SF Sourdough company and
using
the same sour dough starter. No they won't give me a sample. I use three
different sour dough starters each gives a slightly different flavor but I
still
buy Sf sourdough that is made by SF sourdough companies.
 Also the flavor even varies with in this company. The hand kneaded or smaller
batch stuff like Boudean tastes better. More tart I think. They have wonderful
very hot ovens. Home ovens don't get that hot. So when in San Francisco or the
bay area or at the airports pick up a loaf. I figure I won't pass up a good
product. Mine is good just different.
 One time I heard that they flew the starter in from France but that might
have
just been some tall tale.

Jackie Link
Fremont,Ca.