stuck shaft/paddle on Zoji

bzwax@tiac.net (Rich & Debbie)
Tue, 16 Jan 1996 19:08:38 -0500
v006.n058.29
Hello, all:

Sometimes I find that the shaft that on which the mixing paddle sits for my
Zoji gets frozen. The darn thing just won't turn in either direction and I
don't usually find that this has happened until the poor machine is
straining to turn the shaft.  NOT a pleasant discovery, because it means I
either have to get it going some way or make the dough by hand (horrors!).

In the past, all I have been able to do is make the shaft move  using force
(when I can: I often have to wait for our resident carpenter who has
stronger hands than mine to get home!).

This happens in about 1 in 15 loaves....otherwise, it's just fine!

My question is: what can I do to prevent this?  is this an indication that
something is wrong with my mixing bucket? what can I do when I don't seem
to have enough strength to move it?

Thanks,
Debbie Bier
Concord, MA