Honey& Oat Whole Wheat bread

Cherie Ambrosino <Cherie_Ambrosino@cch.com>
28 Nov 95 10:34:58
v006.n051.3
Thanks to all the great advice on this list, I've been making alot of breads
lately.  In my post-holiday laziness, I didn't even want to look for a recipe
last night and I sort of punted on this one - I am definitely a
make-it-up-as-you-go kind of cook, but this was the first time I tried it in
baking!  I'm pleased to say it turned out pretty well, slightly sweet although
its a little dense [that might have been a draft in my kitchen though!]  Here's
the recipe - and happy holidays to one and all:

Honey/Oat Whole Wheat Bread
1.5 lb loaf
3 C Whole Wheat Flour
1 C oatmeal [whirred in blender]
another handful or so of oatmeal thrown in during kneading
1/4 C honey
1.5 C warm water
1 T yeast
4 T Gluten

Watch the initial kneading for a bit - I had to adjust a little to get a good
dough ball - I think because the oatmeal absorbs differently than the flour -
enjoy and thanks for all the great recipies!  Cherie