Re: Breadmaker

"Carole/Bob Walberg" <walberg@Alpha.tkm.mb.ca>
Mon, 16 Oct 1995 10:07:58 -0500
v006.n043.6
I have had a Black and Decker  breadmaker that makes a 1-1/2 lb. loaf
for the past 21 months.  I am posting several recipes that you might
like to try.  If your breadmaker is the 1 lb. loaf  use 2/3 of each item.
Note that Canadian flour has more gluten in it  and it compares
to your bread flour.

Basic White/Whole Wheat Bread

1-1/4 cups warm water
1-1/2 Tbsp powdered milk
3 Tbsp margarine/butter/or shortening
2 Tbsp white sugar
3 cups white bread flour or 1-3/4 cups whole wheat flour+ 1-1/4 cups
                                                     white flour
1-1/2 tsp. active dry yeast

Add ingredients to bread bin in order of list (or as your
manufacturer told you to). Select white/whole wheat bread with light
crust.  Takes from 3-4 hours depending on your brand of machine.
A good everyday bread.

Country Seed Bread
             (from Canadian Living magazine)
1-1/4 cups warm water
3 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 Tbsp liquid honey
1-1/8 tsp salt
2 cups white flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup flax seeds
2 Tbsp sesame seeds
1 Tbsp poppy seeds
2 tsp active dry yeast

Add ingredients to bread bin in order of list.  Select white/whole
wheat/light crust. Takes 3-4 hours according to your machine.  I set
mine for 4 hours to get the extra knead.  Excellent bread.

Rich Dough- for buns, cinnamon rolls,etc

280 ml warm water
2 Tbsp powdered milk
3 Tbsp white sugar
3 Tbsp margarine
1 egg, large
1 tsp salt
3-1/2 cups white flour or 2 cups white+ 1-1/2 cups whole wheat
2 tsp active dry yeast

Add ingredients to bread bin in order of list. Select dough.  When
machine beeps- take out dough and shape into buns or add ingredients
for cinnamon rolls and let rise again in warm oven that is heated by
your oven light and a bowl of hot water.  Bake when risen double.

*When I rise my buns, I bake them for about 10 minutes and then throw
them off my cookie sheet onto my hot tile in the oven.
Then they bake for about another 10 minutes.  They are really crusty.
The tile is unglazed- that means it has no shiny finish.  Mine is
16"x16" and cost $10 Canadian including taxes.  My husband thinks
that it is really a large floor tile.  I sprinkle cornmeal on it and
the buns then bake with it on.
If you need any more info. please post me a note.

Carole Walberg