Re: bread-bakers-digest V6 #42

michael.niemann@mail.cc.trincoll.edu (Michael Niemann)
Mon, 16 Oct 1995 15:55:26 -0500
v006.n043.5

>From: "Bea PRO" <CKS@ENDVM5.VNET.IBM.COM>
>Date: Wed, 11 Oct 95 14:13:32 EDT
>Subject: Zojirushi and timer
>
> How can I get the Zojirushi to to have dough ready at a certain time,
>it doesn't not have that feature.  It has a 'Home Made' feature.  Has
>anyone thought up a way to outsmart the Zoji and have dough ready for
>dinner after work or for the morning?  Other than missing this feature I
>love the machine.
>
>Bea

Unfortunately, you have to do some calculations.  The dough cycle takes
about 1 1/2 hours while the regular bread cycle takes about 3 hrs and 50
minutes.  Since you can use the timer function only with the basic bread,
the raisin bread and the french bread cycle, you have to fake it.

If you want dough ready at say 6:00pm, set the timer using the basic cycle
to 8:10pm.  Since the difference between thge dough cycle and the basic
cycle is about 2 hrs and 10 minutes, simply add that time to the time when
you want your dough ready.  You'll even have some leeway since even if you
are 20 minutes late, the dough will still only be in the second rising.

I've done it that way several times and it worked just fine.

Good Luck

Michael