[none]

Katie E Green <kgreen@u.washington.edu> (by way of reggie@jeff-and-reggie.com)
Sat, 30 Sep 1995 00:25:36 -0700
v006.n038.10
(Reggie Dwork))
Subject: CROCK POT:   Orange Pecan Bread (fwd)
Sender: owner-bread-bakers@lists.best.com

Here is an old crock pot recipe I came across.  Another nice little recipe
for bread buffs in general. When I made this recipe, I omitted the dates
and used chopped orange zest.

                            ORANGE PECAN BREAD

       1/4 cup butter
         1 cup sugar
         1 egg
         2 cups all purpose flour
         1 tsp baking powder
         1 tsp baking soda
       1/2 tsp salt
         1 cup orange juice
         1 cup chopped pitted dates
       1/2 cup chopped pecans

  Cream butter and sugar; beat in egg.  Combine flour, baking powder,
  salt and soda.  Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture alternately
  with orange juice.  Blend until smooth.  Add dates and nuts.  Pour
  batter into a greased/floured 2 pound coffee can.  Place on a trivet
  in the crockery pot.  I used a canning jar lid.  Cover can with 4 to
  5 paper towels.  Place crock pot lid on resting against a couple of
  toothpicks or a prop on one side so the steam can escape.  Cook on high
  setting 300F, and allow 3 1/2 hours for a 3.5 quart crock pot or 4 hours
  for the larger 4 1/2 quart crock pot, till the toothpick inserted into
  the center comes out clean.  Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.  Remove
  from can and cool.

  Seems to me I just sprayed the can with pam.