Re: bread-bakers-digest V6 #34

Rosanne Yostmeyer <rosanne.yostmeyer@aslan.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu>
Mon, 28 Aug 1995 07:02:26 -0700
v006.n036.14
>From: mpfachin@mat.ufrgs.br (Maria Paula Fachin)
>Date: Mon, 21 Aug 1995 11:06:24 -0300 (GMT-0300)
>Subject: Pillsbury bread-machine
>
>Hi, I would like to know if anyone knows anything or have any experience
>with Pillsbury bread-machine. I have the possibility of buying it (we
>do not have many options here at good prices), but as I have not heard
>anything about this brand, I am a little bit afraid of investing a good
>amount of money on it.
>
>Also, my main reason for wanting a bread-machine is for baking wholemeal
>breads, so I would like to have insights on this issue as well.
>
>Thank you very much,
>                       Maria Paula

I have not responded to this list before, so I hope this comes out ok.  I
have a Pillsbury Bread Machine that makes up to 2 lb loaves.  I love it, and
have not had any problems with it.  I have made all kinds of different
breads including honey wheat, 7 grain, colonial, white, french, honey french
and rye.  Also I use the quick bread cycle all the time. I've had it about 7
months and have had no problems.  I did however have problems when I tried
to use gluten in my recipe.  Don't know if it was the gluten, the recipe, or
the operator, but I returned to using 1C white flour and 1C whole wheat
flour.  If you have any more questions you can mail me direct.  Happy baking!
Thanks,

Rosanne